Monday, March 7, 2011

About the survey report

In our survey report, my partner, Jihoon Park, and I discussed “Weight issues among teenagers”. Our hypothesis was that if people have problems with their weight, they should do exercise to lose weight so that they could avoid getting diseases. We chose this topic because this topic is really interesting for us because it shows a problem that happens among a large group of people from different ages and races. The phenomenon’s that a large proportion of the people who get obese or anorexia and this causes them a lot of problem in their life. This phenomenon has caused a major crisis for the American people who don’t discuss many opportunities that exist to work on their body.
In " Schools Cut PE Classes for Points Despite Rise in Obesity”, Katherine Donnelly says that the department of education investigators criticized schools for reducing the amount of time that exam students spend in physical education (PE) classes. Moreover, many schools ignored the sport periods and also they sacrifice their time for exam subjects. In addition, the department of education says second level students should spend two hours a week doing PE. Also, there were some students who did not take any PE classes. In addition, some investigators have fears about the growing problem of obesity in Ireland.
I conducted a survey of 25 students (14 males, 11 females) at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, and my they were 20-31 years old. Also, five of the respondents were from African American; seven of the respondents were Caucasian; 13 were American. In addition, 18 students were single and 7 students were married. We asked 16 questions in the survey report (11 questions were yes-no questions and three were descriptions).
In our questionnaire, we asked the people if they think increasing obesity is a problem in the U.S. We wanted to know if people thought that increasing number of obese people cause of a problem for the American citizens. Finally, we wanted to know if the U.S could decrease the problem of obesity.
In our survey report, Jihoon Park and I found that the successful part of our survey was the power of our initial hypothesis. Also, most of the people interviewed for the survey report answered that they agreed with the hypothesis. Moreover, I did something unusual in my life, which was that I made a big step in my life that I am standing in front of people and held a conversation with someone for the first time I present in my life, It was one of the happiest moments of my life, because I had small conversations with people in a nice way and politely. In short, I have learned in a survey report how to deal with others in a polite and standard conversation. Also, I learned how to ask questions to people in a way that attracted them to respond to the questions in the survey report. I wish that if the students try to speak with native speakers they would learn the mother of the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment